Friday, August 21, 2009

Jigsaw - 67


Working was easy today..for the one reason. Cricket !..or to be more precise,' The Ashes' which involves England laying Australia in a five match series. This happens every two years alternating between England as venue and Australia and is the pinnacle of cricket in England.For those of you who don't know what I'm on about....the history goes right back to 1882 when Australia beat England ta cricket and burnt the bails or a stump to signify the death of English cricket...a mock funeral was held. England then played to regain the ashes which are kept in a tiny terracotta urn.
Currently, we are in the middle of the last of the five match series...with two matches drawn, and one win each , Australia currently are the owners of the Ashes and so only have to draw to prevent England regaining them...but England have today put themselves in with a huge opportunity of winning them back....and I listen to the match on my radio whilst I work...bliss!
I continue to develop the sky which is very time consuming, but I'm really enjoying it...

0 comments: