Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spoonful - 14

 OK...don't faint..it's me again! third day in a row...i know! but like i said..once I get back into a routine, i find it much easier to work. Inspiration wise I had  hit a bit of a dry patch..my original concept for this piece was about the artist being convince/coerced into conforming to set patterns of  expression and presentation as prescribed by the 'world' to an extent that even though the artist might want to forge a path of discovery, a certain inbred and actually false notion of what the 'art world' expects prevails thus rendering the artist ineffectual.
I needed to find again my sense of wonder and love of symbolism..and a disregard for what other people think. This of course is difficult since I have removed myself from the world of exhibiting my work...I no longer have the public feedback regarding what I'm trying to do. I have only the memory that my Cello girls, Mad vicars...Cancan dancers and trains are what the public said they loved about my work...and thankfully, they are what I love about it too.! So if you don't like what I do..you don't have to look at it, you know where the door is! If you do like what I do....then hold on...there's lots more to come!

2 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Ah, now that you refound your routine, it will make the wheels of inspiration start turning more easily, I'm sure.

Tys on Ice said...

found your groove, eh? .. i am sticking around to see the finished piece....u know how much i love the cello girls...