Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Twelfth Night snowball fight.

Snow fell today turning just about all the UK into a giant frozen wonderland. Whilst many struggled to cope with the conditions , work at homers like Jan and I enjoyed ourselves. Whilst the sadness we have felt at the death of Jan's Mum on Saturday still bites deeply, we were able join our neighbours in one last Christmas event...it being Twelfth Night, we threw snowballs at each other and for a while , abandon ourselves to some seriously physical stuff. It was cold, it was wet and we had a fantastic time.

We've since come inside to get warm, send Annie off for a bath (Thanks for the photo Annie!) and prepare to take our Christmas decorations down. A lot of our talk and concentration centres around the forthcoming funeral and the arrangements that have to be made. Jan, Colin her Father and her brother David have been working together to make all these arrangements.

We have taken a great deal of comfort from the many very kind wishes and sympathy from our friends here and on Facebook. So I'd like to take this opportunity to say a very heartfelt thank you to everyone who left a message. your words really do have the effect of making us feel supported and loved even though we have never met most of those who comment. The blogging community is brilliant isn't it?

PS: I did work for a couple of hours today...I'll publish the progress tomorrow.

3 comments:

Bobkat said...

Sounds like you had some fun in the snow :) It really is so very pretty.

I continue to send my warm wishes. Despite the fun in the snow I know you are all going through a difficult time.

Devil Mood said...

It does seem that keeping the body busy helps the mind rest a little too. So I hope the snow allows you to keep doing things.
I heard it's snowing a lot today, in fact I saw it on sky news. Makes for a pretty sight, I suppose.
Keep warm!

Niall young said...

Thankyou both...I'm loving the snow, it makes everything look so magical...like the ice skating dustbin lorry I saw this morning balletically sliding down a hill!