Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Quintadagio - 32

The Cello Girl's face appears to be a little bleached out hear thanks to my close proximity when using the flash...today I was out for lunch with Jan, we met a couple of her friends for lunch which was an absolute treat. I marked (belatedly Saint Andrew's Day..) by ordering Haggis Neep and Tatties which was gorgeous.

For those of you who don't know what a Haggis is, I'll explain. It's a traditional Scottish dish which is a mixture of oats , barley seasoning and minced beef/lamb and onions...this is then packed into a sheep's stomach and cooked. 'Neeps' are boiled swede and 'Tatties' are potatoes.

A couple of pints of real ale hit the spot nicely. the company was splendorous and warm resulting in me making two friends, both lovely warm people.

0 comments: