Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sinodd - 10

When I was a lad, I used to love Topic time at school...my favourite 'topics' were flight and space.I was 8 in 1969 when Neil Armstrong set foot on The moon, and so all things 'spacey' were in vogue...not only that but Science Fiction...Star Trek, Doctor Who, Thunderbirds etc..and the comics we read like TV21, The Eagle, Countdown etc always had articles on space exploration...aircraft...wall charts..i loved the wall charts where you'd buy next week's issue and find free stickers to stick on your wall chart. I liked to make scrap books and my own comics about space...so here I am carrying my home made book of space. to the eight year old me, it seemed completely logical (Captain!) that man would form colonies on the Moon, and I imagined that of course by the time I'd grown up, it would be common place to take holidays on Mars or Venus..

Oh to be young and innocent again...but it's something that is part of the basic inbuilt nature of man...the desire to see what is beyond our visible horizon..to see over the next hill...to explore to discover to be better and bigger...to go faster higher.we've come a long way...but we have so much further to go...from the trees to the stars.....to infinity and beyond!...It's there...lets go there!


0 comments: