Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Brick dust, bronchioles and better things.

Isn't it easy to get out of the usual routine isn't it.. but things don't yet seem to want to return to 'normal' whatever that is. To start with I'm still sick..I've had this blessed viral chest infection for a week now and it's depriving me of sleep and wrecking my day with bouts of coughing...also as you can see in the picture above, we're in the process of having a new central heating boiler installed, brick dust everywhere!...this wouldn't be so bad, but yesterday and today have seen plummeting temperatures down to around minus 6 degrees, and so we're without heating for three days on the coldest days for years...

When viewed against the back drop of suffering throughout the world, I have nothing to complain about!

But on to better things...I'm now working again after a lay off greater than any I've had during my professional time as an Artist. I'm sure some of you will be puzzled about my lack of posting especially since for the last however many months, I've churned out day after day the results of my work. I think it's entirely natural and positive to find one's inspiration dry up....it causes one to take stock..recuperate and then actually recognise when a good idea actually comes along. I'm hoping that my next piece will be just that..'A good Idea'...I've decided to put my last piece 'enigma' on ice for the time being...I just ran out of feeling for yet another picture of myself. So I hope you'll allow me to follow my muse and let it happen.

We'll have our heating back tomorrow, so my fingers will once again feel warm....

1 comments:

Devil Mood said...

To tell you the truth, I am amazed how your muse was with you for so long. Or maybe it was also persistance?
Either way, she will come back.