Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cello - 16 Dem bones..

I've worked on the skeleton and it looks a little better now.Who is he?..why is she holding onto him so?..why does she appear distracted? Perhaps you have an explanation for me..I always invite readers to come up with their own stories for my pictures...and as some of you already know..your suggestions and ideas have a direct affect on my work and in some cases (Ball Of Wool, Spirit ) inspire complete pictures.

So weather you're here for the first time, or you're a long time friend, please keep those comments coming,and who knows...you could be responsible for the next piece!?..If you ever do inspire me to create a whole picture..i'll endevour to send you a signed print by way of thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In limp surrender, indeed! Let's see what sense I can make of this. The two women seem to be caught in a split-second moment when someone entered the room to see what they were doing...and they don't mind the intrusion...notice their blank stares...a moment after this frame they have gone back to what they were doing...the woman on the cello playing a mournful song to mark the loss of love, which the couple represents. I think this also shows how powerful women are...the fate of the world rests with our willingness to take on a lover and procreate...I have gone off the deep end, no?

Benaam Badnaam said...

i liked the painting :) waiting to see how it develops

Jonice said...

Who is he?!
The tangible left-overs from the issues and processes one lives with and then when they're past we hold to what really matters and is worth holding to?
I don't know. But it makes sense to me at this moment.
Nice week, Niall!
:)

Tys on Ice said...

it is bringing to mind a woman whos holding onto a dead relationship...obsession.

from her expression it seems to have become a habit rather than a necessity....

been on a holiday...doing some blog catching up...