Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cello - 47

Right...here's a different view.I'm showing here the remainder of the picture minus one critical element of the composition which I'll reveal soon. sadly the photo is a little blurred and tilted..apart from that, it shows two potential endings.The line you can just see standing vertically towards the right of the picture was to have been the border , but I've decided to extend the picture to accommodate something else.

Tomorrow I have to work on another small commission for a Theatre Company. This should take up most of the day's work, so there might not be any progress on this piece. One other thing...I find that I am now after a few years of saving, in the market for a new camera...I'm opting for a compact digital simply because it's less conspicuous when out and about...and what you loose in aperture and focal length, you gain in stealth!...so any recommendations?

3 comments:

Shachi said...

This "Cello" piece is so fascinating - I have never followed anyone's art like I am doing with yours, so I'm very excited and curious to see the final result :)

Regarding cameras, I always go to:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

You can also checkout reviews at:
www.dpreview.com

Hope this helps!

Jonice said...

I wonder what the revelation will be.
Beautiful sunflowers below, Niall!

Sue said...

We use a Lumix camera and I love it.

I'm really interested in the progress on this picture as well...