Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Further to yesterday.....

Here's a thing...something I don't normally show you! This is how i'm seeing the composition at the moment. I'm usually very reluctant to show such a complete concept..(at least as complete as it can be at this stage!) Having photographed each of the sketches I showed you yesterday, I've fiddled about with each one to bring them all into appropriate scales and perspective, and printed each one out...then assembled them in the order you see above...

the next stage is to trace the complete scene and then there will be much overworking and refining of each figure until it's ready to transfer to the watercolour paper ready for dotting. this might be a few days away yet...anyway, you're welcome to come along for the journey and see what's in store in the month's ahead!

PS. I found a great deal on amazon for Rotring Isograph pen nibs (you'll remember the that I ruined a number of them last week!) So all being well...I'll be set up for the return to full colour again soon...who knows, maybe this current idea will see colour....?!

1 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Oh I was sorry to read about your pens. That has happened to me with pens I really like and want to "save" and they end up drying up. But obviously those are your work instrument and much more expensive, I imagine. But I'm glad you'll be getting new ones soon!