Saturday, August 02, 2008

Fishy captives...

why do Goldfish look so glum?..I suppose I would look glum to if I had to spend my whole day in cold water with only squashed ants eggs to eat. The extent of my world would stop abruptly with a wall of glass..unrecognisable images moving about somewhere beyond...still, my one recompense would be the possession of a 3 second memory or something like it if I believe what the naturalists tell us .

Naturalist/naturist?..either way I say it takes barefaced cheek to suggest something so preposterous. how come every day, when I approach the tank, both Goldie and Silvery (you decide which is which...it ain't difficult!) frantically swim torpedo like up to the glass at the corner where I drop the food in if they don't remember what it is that's going to happen?..there they sit/float awaiting the manner from heaven?..of beneficent me and the dried squashed ants eggs...









1 comments:

Devil Mood said...

I feel sorry for them. I had fish when I was a kid, but warm-water ones, and I often had nightmares about them. lol The only thing I liked about them is that they would kiss my fingertips when I inserted them in the water. Poor creatures.