Monday, December 01, 2008

Bench - 14 Happy Birthday Tysonice

Again..more interruptions,I'm still responsible for school runs etc...and also had to go to the dentist for my routine check up...all is well with my teeth! but managed to get on with the shadows...I spend so much time up close that when i reduce the size for posting here..I can see what it is I've done...sounds strange doesn't it? I spend time every day staring at this as it grows...only just over 40 hours of work..but you can imagine what it's like to work on a 200 hour piece which takes weeks....when I hang my work for exhibitions..I see something altogether familiar but new if you get my meaning...like meeting an old friend.People often query why it is that I don't sell the originals....to me, it would be like selling my children....hey, now really do sound like a mad artist!

Quick Niall, change the subject before the reader realises i'm well and truly bonkers! Below is a photograph...I didn't ask the owner if I could use it ( I hope he forgives me!?)...but this man is someone very special...we've never met, we live thousands of miles apart. He writes a blog which i read..he makes me laugh...he makes me think..he's also on occasions makes me cry, but he doesn't know that. We have many things in common..we're both married to special women...we both have wonderful children..we both like drinking Jack Daniels..we both are often puzzled with regards to women and life in general, and on the subject of terrorism, both horrified at the depth of evil to which the human mind can sink ...both mourn the loss of innocence..the loss of the innocent...


My friends...please pay his blog a visit..be prepared to have your senses..and even your 'chuckle muscles strained....i give you The Man Tysonice! Happy birthday!!!!




6 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Oh it's great to see Tys on Ice - he looks like a really cheerful person! No surprise he's a Sagittarius then. Happy birthday!

I'm happy for your teeth too.

pink dogwood said...

thanks for introducing another great blog.

--xh-- said...

"and even your 'chuckle muscles strained" I say that is an understatement:) I am happy that i met so many nice bloggers around here like you and him... :)

--xh-- said...

the path looks superbly detailed... and the picture is -well, stunningly superb.

hope one day I will be able to see them in original.
and about not selling the originals - yeah, I think I understand the feeling :)

Tys on Ice said...

damn...iam humbled...i really do need to visit the dentist...

thanks niall..

rm said...

that was a wonderful tribute . Happy Birthday.