Saturday, April 25, 2009

Canalside trees




I liked the pencil sketch before I added the paint, so I've included a photo here. The finished painting reminds of work i used to produce back in the late 1970's and early 80's. I like this technique and the muted colours. I think I'll continue in this vein. Incidentally, all the water colours featured here are the same size (12 x 16 cm ) order in at the framers for 10 mounts each with the same sized window. Once I've completed this series for the exhibition next week, there's no reason why I shouldn't try larger and more complex compositions.

6 comments:

Ascender Rises Above said...

I keep trying to do something like this; record the steps of pieces from beginning to end; but is hard to stop when I could be painting... then I keep thinking "but it's not done yet- I can't take a photo of it!"

Bobkat said...

Really nice. A great sense of Spring light :)

Preeti Shenoy said...

Superb!!
Loved it Niall!

Preeti Shenoy said...

Don't know why, the photos you uploaded here don't enlarge when u click on it.Earlier they used to. Is it deliberate?

Devil Mood said...

I'm really impressed. Love the colours in the ground.

Niall young said...

I'm glad you all like what I'm doing....I still feel as if I'm trying things out...learning how to do it...so it can only mean I'll get better.

The non enlarging photo is not purposful...I've no idea why that happened!