Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Paul Delvaux - Inspirations.

The Greeting
The Great Sirens (1947)

Here are two wonderful images by renowned Belgian painter Paul Delvaux. I've featured work by this Surrealist before mainly because a blogging friend from Belgium introduced me to his work as bearing some similarities to my own compositions and subject matter. The images here appeared on a blog which I often visit which is concerned with figure drawing: http://figure-drawings.blogspot.com/2009/04/sketch-by-paul-delvaux.html and is a great resource for anyone interested in anatomical representation.

2 comments:

Devil Mood said...

That's interesting. The 2nd picture in particular has some serious similarities with your pictures. But it's missing a train.

Niall young said...

DM...No train...but Delvaux has used trains in his composistions...I'm amazed by his work.