Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Somewhere near Twyford, Derbyshire.


It was such a beautifully sunny spring day that I just had to get out and take some more photos..I had a lovely drive down miles of windy lanes stopping whenever I saw something that took my eye. One such occasion was for the drawing shown here..It was near to a very small village called Twyford near to Willington.The view I selected shows these slender trees bordering a field of rape seed in full bloom.Actually a road runs across the picture between you and the trees...but my point of view was to crouch down thus obscuring it.
I spent a few hours drawing before starting on the painting..it's late now and I still haven't finished as I prefer to work in the day light. (I'd not make a very effective Vampire I'm afraid...in fact, I think being a Vampire sucks!) So I'll show you the finished article tomorrow.

0 comments: