Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sketchbook gestations...

Regular readers here will know that the period between pieces is often a traumatic time for me....although I have countless sketchbooks full of ideas stretching back to the early 1980's...I find myself tormented over the what to apply my time to...knowing obviously that the next 2 - 6 months could be spent on the next drawing, I have to be sure that what I settle on is the right decision! so here are what you will be familiar with are some little sketches  of ideas that I don't mind you seeing....I've worked in greater detail on a couple of the ideas here and will make my decision soon...be sure you'll see me start at the very beginning as always!

Some people are shocked to find that my work is so exact and planned, that I work from these relatively small and simple sketches for my basic reference for composition...well, composition is easy...it's a matter of displacement and symmetry...of weights and perspective...these can be addressed in these simple sketches...the detail and final rendering happens at a later stage..and often during the actual dotting of the final piece!

Anyway....I'll shut up now and get on with the actual doing!...I hope you enjoy these crude scrawlings...if you follow me, you'll see what becomes of them! 










0 comments: