Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jigsaw - 51.Cromford exhibition - day four



First of all, I'd like to welcome any new visitors here! I know I spoke to lots of kind interested folk today. If you've already read the previous post, then I can assure you that today was almost an opposite experience...I felt fit and well and as well as meeting so many new friends, I sold a good number of prints...


As I sat dotting away, many people seemed surprised that I should chose to take up such a laborious process...and not only that, but one which caused me to lead such a solitary existence.I explain that I generally love my work and usually find great satisfaction from conceiving,planing starting and finishing something intricate which takes so long.Not being a runner, I would hazard a guess that there is something of the marathon runner mind in what I do...


something that also became apparent in being at my exhibition was that when I am at home, I known as 'Dad'..'Annie's Dad'...Mr.young...Niall young....Janets's husband.....as a couple we're always referred to as 'Janet and niall'...But at my exhibition...I am non of these...I am 'the artist called Niall Young'...I like that!

0 comments: