Friday, February 29, 2008

PWM - 6







Work today has centered around defining the features and strengthening the shadows...I've also begun on the hands.The portrait to the right has had a layer of darker blue for the shadowed areas..Despite there being blue and yellow present, i think I would like to introduce some green at some point soon..
So far I have completed over 20 hours on the dotting alone...you might be wondering how long it will take to complete. Well the last piece 'Spirit' took just over 135 hours...I wouldn't be surprised if we're talking 170 hours + here!

3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

A work of patience , a 'tour de force' - hehe i wanted to say that.

Bobkat said...

I love seeing how the colours all build and blend to the eye to make the finished tones.

Niall young said...

DM...I'm so glad you said that!..it's hard to imagine what will eventually fill the bare whiteness...my vision is for intimate cozy almost insular warmth centered on the chess game..with one or two odd thigs thrown in...well it wouldn't be me if I didn't!

BK...I've said it before BK..but sometimes it takes me by suprise...I work so closely then step back and suddenly it all come together!