Friday, February 01, 2008

Spirit - 15

Here you can see how the background is coming out..I originally decided on just the one Raven in the picture..but like I said before, things sometimes suggest themselves. If you visit Julies blog and see her recent paintings you'll see that black birds are part of the most recent works. I therefore include them here too because I think those paintings are fantastic. The planets in the background are I suppose a bit of a science fiction illustrators clichet..but they'll make more sense when the rest of the picture is complete.


6 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Wow! The birds and the planets look splendid :)

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I think you've done an excellent job capturing the essence of flight with your flock of birds. Still pictures of birds always seem so improbable and clumsy that even when one paints them true to life they seem loathe to flutter. This flock is very nice and conveys flight just as it should.

Jonice said...

It looks great, Niall! All these elements gathered in one "salad bowl". And I say it in a positive way for I just love salads - edible, audible and viewable - when ingredients are neatly put together. Those birds look so real! Spirit of Oskur sure is something! I've scrolled down to make up for yhe stages I'd missed.

Nessa said...

I like the additional birds.

Shruti said...

I'm blogrolling you. U cant stop me, can u? ;) I'd love my readers to see your work!

Niall young said...

I like the majestic flight of the Raven and indeed all the Cropw family.They're also very clever birds.