Saturday, May 07, 2011

Tennis Fashion - Bethanie Mattek - Sands

I was just watching coverage of the Madrid Open tennis tournament from Spain. Part of the women's WTA tour, the Quater final featured American Bethany Mattek - Sands who comes from Miami in Florida. I felt the need to comment because as you know I have an interest in ladies tennis fashion.Whilst I don't have any pictures of her playing in the match, I have these pics from the net of recent appearances. A detirmined and powerful player, Mattek -Sands displays an individual style which is extrovert and distinctive. Wearing today, black shoes..black calf length socks, a black skirt, black and white striped vest top, black head band and those moustache shaped under eye markings, she looked very similar to the view in the photograph below . I think Mattek is good for women's tennis and the sport as a whole. I applaud her individual style and look forward to seeing her in upcoming tournaments.






2 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Funnily enough, I've seen teenage girls wearing those knee length black socks with shorts ...in the street. Fashion is crazy. :P

Niall young said...

DM...there is one thing that is true...there is nothing new under the sun, and there is no accounting for tastes. I love the way that we constantly reinvent what the way we express ourselves as humans!