Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ball Of Wool - 1..

Yikes!..it's only now that i've uploaded the photo that I see how scary I look! (Yes Tysonice..this is me! :-) ) I have not felt this excited about a project for so long. The basic concept came to me in an instant. The 'Muse' was definitely whispering into my ear!...(despite being many miles away at the time!)

There is a lengthy and involved explanation for the diverse symbolism incorporated in this picture which I will describe over the coming weeks and more likely months. Yes it's quite a large picture in relation to recent ones.

So I've started with the transfer of the drawing and the placing of the first dots of red ink. As I've explained many times..I work on the part that has to be perfect for the rest to work..in this case the eyes. I'll know after around 5 hours work if it's a 'goer'...

I actually feel a shiver of excitement when I think about this picture...lets see where it goes!..I hope you'll be there with me to see it?

8 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I'm so pleased to be witnessing "square one" of the process.... I was going to make a joke about you being the "square one" of the process, but, really, we've barely made our acquaintances! I'll save my funny commentary for later.

Devil Mood said...

Ah, there's nothing like being excited over something!
I wonder what will come out of that ball of wool....

Niall young said...

Julie...Don't worry..I've got broad shoulders..square broad shoulders!

DM...Wool have to wait and see!

Preeti Shenoy said...

yes I will!Have i ever said no to you? ;-)

Bobkat said...

Eyes are the windows to the soul. I can see (no pun intended!) why they would haev to be right for this piece to work.

Nessa said...

Your excitement is exciting.

Prats said...

this sure looks to be exciting and it is spreading :)

Jonice said...

Being there with you to see your pictures turning out is something I don't even thing of being devoid of... So, let's see this ball of wool unraveling step by step and let's have a good time doing it!
It was so nice of you to write that poem with all the suggestions on Nelson's.

Nice weekend, Niall :)