Monday, October 22, 2007

Nelson's - The Poem!

Thank you to Oskur for looking after things for me..he really is a faithful old Chimp, I'm sure he'll back again soon.

I've been reading all the ideas you've had for alternative titles for Nelson's. They could all reasonably be used, but having thought about it long and hard, I've taken Prats suggestion to leave it as it is. BUT...I've used all your suggestions and put them in a poem. So, this poem is gratefully dedicated to :

Bobkat,Nessa,Prats,Vidya,Anonymom and Ascenderrisesabove for the suggestions.And PS,Devilmood, Jonice, and Julie for encouragement.I apologise for any I have missed!


Nelson's
She sits all alone and yet not alone,
dressed in starling's iridescent black down.
Is she feeding the pigeons,or are the pigeons on hold?
We can see she's the talk of the town.
.
Her lips gently part as she talks into her phone,
raises hand which she waves in the air.
Where are you?..I am here!..and you're still at home?
you said that we'd meet in the square.
.
So she sits all alone and yet not alone,
dressed in starling's iridescent black down.
Her hand clutches bread which she throws to the birds,
that and her mobile phone.
Niall young. October 2007.

10 comments:

Prats said...

Such a beautiful way of expressing yourself. Creativity flows through and makes itself poetic....

Devil Mood said...

Oh I love it! Well done!

Hope you're feeling better today. Any news projects?

Nessa said...

Very clever.

I think you made a good choice for the title.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

What a lovely little lyrical poem. Sorry for the alliteration.

Niall young said...

Prats..I've tried to include all the titles people gave me!

DM..See above!

Nessa..I think so too.

Julie..Haha!

I intend to write the poem on the reverse side of the picture!

Bobkat said...

Bravo! I would hate to play you at any word games. I can see you would be a formidible opponent! :)

That poem really does go so well with your picture, you should keep it with it.

Niall young said...

BK...All those afternoons watching 'Countdown' haven't gone to waste! ;_)

Niall young said...

BK...All those afternoons watching 'Countdown' haven't gone to waste! ;_)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Wonderful poem to incorporate all the suggestions!

I think you should always listen to your first instinct, so it's wonderful that you stuck with the original title.

Niall young said...

Tara!..Thank you for your contribution! Sometimes the first instinct is correct...go with your heart!