Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Self 13 My destiny is in hand!


What an odd day!...I've been haunted throughout the day with music by 'Muse'. A modern day progressive rock band. Years ago when Tim and I were boys, we'd often go out to play in the street..but what made it extra special was on a Sunday morning. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, shops weren't open on Sundays..it really was a day of rest. Early in the morning the streets would be deserted..you'd see nobody around. Tim and I used to pretend that we were the only people left alive..and we'd wonder around until we spotted someone who must obviously be an 'Alien' or secret spy.

Often the sun would reflect off rain dampened pavements, and being morning, the sun would be low and therefore dazzle the eyes when searching for aliens/spies. Being young lads..we'd watch TV programmes such as The Champions, Randal and Hopkirk Deceased, The Avengers etc.... These shows often had atmospheric music often played on a Zither!..wonderful stuff. So to this day, when I hear a particular type of instrumentation..I'll be back there in my sun bright deserted streets...which brings me back to 'Muse'..'Song for Absolution' evokes the memory..as do the rest of the tracks on the album 'Absolution'. I can only think of 'The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway' by Genesis that has the same effect!

I've waffled on too much..Worked today on my hand..this picture is acquiring a significance of sorts!...perhaps telling more about me than originally thought!...what do you think?

0 comments: