Saturday, June 09, 2007

Anyway 12

I am currently working more hours per day on this picture than any i have worked on this year. i think it's due to the fact that it is going to be so big that progress is often slow and knowing that I've just completed 50 hours on it and not even near to half way through makes me put the time in. I know I have to work on this style of picture more because it's so wholly original and particular in content to me. I've done and will continue to produce work that is commercially acceptable like pics of Derby etc...but to produce bigger and more intricate works like this one (and in colour) is where I'm looking at present.I intend to resist the call to develop in other disciplines...as far as I am concerned, the world is full of water colourists and oil painters..but there's only one doing this...and it's ME!

0 comments: