Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Games 3

With girl's eyes sorted out I can relax into the work now...I've been looking at images (courtesy of Google) of lightning and storms..take my word for it..if you ever have a few minutes to spare and you want to see something to take your breath away..search storm pics!

I've had a very interesting chat with my eldest son this evening..my Fatherly advice was along the lines of.."Don't ever be a slave to convention"..I am so lucky that i don't have to sit in an office eight hours a day, wear a suit and dream of my four weeks annual leave.

I did chuckle as I had caught myself saying " you won't catch me sitting behind a desk all day!"..of course that is exactly what I do!

3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

lol that was funny!
That's a very special desk. You are lucky and that was great advice! :)

Bobkat said...

Even some of us who do sit behind a more conventional desk for 5 days a week are not necessarily slaves to convention :)

The lightening in this picture looks great. Storm pics are stunning!

Niall young said...

I have a habbit of alienating people with badly thought out comments..BK..I think I should have qualifed my statement by adding that it also possible for one to be enslaved by anything, be it nonconvention, revolution, money, false ideology etc...I suppose it's following the question: "Do you eat to live or live to eat?"..I have nothing against those who do the 9-5 thing..I did it myself for many years..I suppose in many ways I actually work more hours throughout the week doing what I do now...but because it's what I've always wanted to do I don't consider it to be 'Work'..to me it's my life.