Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy christmas

Christmas pigs.

Sorry I have no further developments on L'inattendu. The nature of the work means I need undisturbed periods of time..something the season is not affording me at the moment. It's funny really....I feel my work has become even more of a vocation these past few months..something wonderful is happening to me causing me to question what I have been doing with my talent. Causing me to NOT take it for granted, to be grateful that it is in the present that I am able to allow my creative wings to spread.

I think we can all have times when we question and reassess...whatever celebration you enjoy..Eid, Diwali, Hanukkah..there are times when we gather together with our families and see generations spread around us from the newest to the oldest...we should question ourselves..we should take stock..we should sit in humble sobriety and realise that life is here..it is now..it is for the living..it is for you and I....(hey..enough of the humble sobriety now!)

I love the old saying that tells me that "Life is not a rehearsal"..it is the once in a lifetime performance...So as I close and wish all my readers a good and Happy Christmas..I'll leave you with these words that forever come back to kick me in the ass!

“ Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary”

CECIL BEATON ON FASHION

3 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

What darling Christmas Piggies!

Mo'a said...

Wonderful tree and great pigs...are they made by you.
I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Devil Mood said...

She said that about fashion? haha

Merry x-mas!