Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jigsaw - 90 Equinox and a dead Wasp

I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I think I've finished the sky at last. I used to oft quoted maxim "When you start looking for things to do, stop!"...so I've moved onto deepening some of the colours and shades on my face and blending the outline with the background. More work will have to wait until daylight .Which reminded me that today is the winter equinox...I must be stupid because it was only a year or so ago that I found out that the 'Equinox' means that the day and the night time are of equal length!

I also clicked this photo today...whatever the limitations of my Olympus MJU 5000 are, Super Macro is not one of them.Great close ups are one of the things it definitely can do! I thought this rather small Garden Spider(Probably a male due to it's smallness) looked good preparing it's supper of silk entwined Wasp.


2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Both are superb--the photo of the spider as well as the finished drawing!

Niall young said...

Preeti..The picture is not finished, it was only the sky that I declared to be finished,But fear not...the finish should occur this week!