Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rostopovich,failed work and the first trimester.


I rediscovered this failed project from a few years ago (this is the first time I've shown it to anyone!)..it just goes to show how bad planning can cause problems. I used an image of cellist,Rostropovich . I had thought that my plans for a 'Starman' were on track...but sadly they didn't work and he looks like Rostropovich instead...after 70+ hours I decided to cut the project short ( you can see where I ended the picture and where it was proposed to continue it into a larger composition)...however there are things I can take from this piece....for example the daisies and sky colour.
With regard to the present...I'm closer to deciding on the Starman Cellist....what I need to do next is a few detailed drawings of what he and the Cello girls will look like in a group.......
You should know that since the bare page and emptiness of the past few days,I'm now in a part of the process that is (in my mad world) comparable to the conception and gestation of a baby...I guess this is the early trimester which means it's still very early days and the risk of miscarrying is ever present.

3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Oh that's a shame because it was looking great. The cellist had a really determined and intense gaze there. But the daisies are lovely too.

Niall young said...

DM...It's very rare that I 'mess up', but it's really never a waist of time..there's always a lesson to learn.

Ascender Rises Above said...

i really like it and cannot see where the fail comes in. enjoyed your clouds above; and of course watching you as you build from your very first dot.