Monday, April 15, 2013

Phew! That's that then!

Not sure what to share with you tonight. I've been up to Cromford and dismantled the exhibition, but at time of writing , I've not long returned from a five mile run only to see the news on television of the explosions in Boston...how awful! My heart and prayers go out to those who are bereaved , injured.

I was surprised, I arrived at the gallery on a beautiful sunny spring afternoon. It was only going to take a short time to remove all the pictures and labels. but it was actually a very emotional event. It's always sad to leave a gallery which you've virtually made your home over the time you've been there. The stamp of my life taken down from the walls which are now bare. The return home a slow and careful journey as the stacks of pictures would move if I took corners a little too quickly.

This has been the first exhibition that I've had no help with, I planned, organised, arranged, framed, set up...ran and dismantled the show all by myself. I ought perhaps to feel some level of pride, but I find myself missing the support I used to have...not only practical help, but emotional support. Today although I've had a good night's sleep and a bit of a lie-in, I actually feel jaded overall.


Thanks for reading, hopefully back to dotting tomorrow!

0 comments: