Monday, December 04, 2006

Finished self.....Destiny



Well, here it is. The finished piece. It took me just over 50 hours to complete. Which in real time is nearly three weeks. there is so much to write about this one. I like producing work which has a story . If you look back on previous posts, you might glean some of the points relating to this..I'll leave you to make up your own mind as to what I'm trying to convey.

One thing I'll tell you however is that the jumper I am wearing in the picture was actually knitted by me..it was in fact the first jumper I knitted. I learnt to knit as a result of us losing our first child. We went away on a break to recover, and during that time, Jan was knitting Teddy Bears for a Romanian charity appeal (around 1990). I had a go and found that I could do it. I later made this jumper...so it's actually symbolic to me of a period of time when I wore my pain, but the act of making this jumper was part of a healing process.
Thank you for following me on the journey to the finished picture. Now....what next I wonder?




2 comments:

Tim Young said...

Pic look Goog. Cant wait to see it for real.So Just what is the next project?

Preeti Shenoy said...

It is simply outstanding.Pain sometimes produces so much beauty..and when you do something from your heart,it always shows.