Wednesday, January 09, 2008

L'inattendu - Finished.

After 66 hours and 10 mins..here is the finished picture. I decided to blot out the faces at the back apart from the one in the top left..as Julie commented yesterday, she looks like a ghostly voyeur..I'm happy with the overall effect..I'm particularly pleased with the part of the picture I've shown below as a detail.
I'd like to re-photograph these pictures tomorrow in daylight..the little boy has got bleached out by my lamps...

I hope you've enjoyed following the conception and development of this piece?..I'd love to know what you interpret the picture as meaning..but remember..the little boy is me! I don't think we've seen the last of these characters...and get ready to see the debut of a certain Chimpanzee in my next piece!!


7 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

You know, either one of the cropped shots looks complete on its own. You should record their compositions for future use.

I will be thrilled to read the various exegesis.. exegesises... exe... interpretations of this piece!

Devil Mood said...

I really like the ghostly voyeur. It looks great. Reminds me of Escher a little :)
Well done!

Preeti Shenoy said...

Superb Niall..Simply brilliant.I have made my own interpretation about what it could possibly mean.Shall tell you someday!

Bobkat said...

Congratulations on finishing this piece. It certainly has impact adn I would love to know what it's menaing is. My imagination is on vacation at the moment but I am still intrigued by the significance of the symbols on the stage. They seem to represent death, beauty and spirituality.

Nessa said...

It has been so much fun watching your progress and process and the finished piece is nothing short of amazing.

Niall young said...

Julie..you know..this picture would not have been possible without your encouragement and input...thank you!

DM..I think the ghostly voyeur represents all of us.

PS...I would love to hear what you have to say...

Bobkat...the symbols are specific..but what do you make of the symbols between the roundels?

Nessa..When lovely people like you say something like that..it makes me want to do more!

Prats said...

I didn't want to leave a comment till the last dot was placed in its rightful place...and I must say, this is beautiful....so many details have gone into it, and its come out wow!!

Specially loved the detialing you've done on the clothes of the performers...