Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spirit - 13

There doesn't appear to be much added in terms of ink today..I've been working behind the scenes as it were on elements for the background which i want to get right...I have a desire to put a flying Raven in the picture..originally I was going to have one sitting on top of a grave stone..



It was a funny start to the day today..I had to get the kids ready for school..etc..then as i was making the packed lunches, I looked out of the kitchen window and saw a beautiful sunrise..I ran upstairs with my camera to get a picture before it disappeared off into the clouds. There are things in life that come and go, they sometimes present themselves to us for only a fleeting moment..it is up to us to judge weather to reach out and take the opportunity or not..but often when we don't..we are left with regret.
I'm glad I didn't miss the opportunity to see this..the gap in the clouds was so small..the event had passed only a minute later.

3 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Beautiful sunrise pic.True--we HAVE to capture those fleeting moments.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I think I could watch the sky all day, in any weather. Thanks for sharing your lovely sunrise.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to catch that moment...and share it with us. The progress on Spirit is wonderful...Julie's hair and the details on her dress are remarkable.