Friday, January 25, 2008

Spirit - 11

I've finished Julie's hair and moved down to work on the bodice..I want the material to have a slight sheen, so I'm putting creases around the buttons to give some interest and to give the effect of tightness...there's a corset under there somewhere too!The sleeve's I've not fully decided on..I currently favour a semi transparent material in black with black flowers/butterflies or both in tiny repeated patterns.she will also wear elbow length gloves in black.
The church is complete..there will be a misty haze on the ground..you might also manage to make out the scribbles indicating where some of the clouds will be. There's been a lot of sickness in my family this week..coughs and colds mainly. So far i've escaped!

4 comments:

Devil Mood said...

I don't mean to be a dark cloud but you won't escape for much longer (hopefully I'm wrong)

You're a painter and a stylist too!

Niall young said...

DM...When I was at art college, I really admired the fashion and textile students..they seemed to be living a life that was so extravagant..so stylish.So you are right, there is a part of me which seeks to style.(is that shallow?)

Preeti Shenoy said...

If I were you I'd have felt like God (or at least a Magician) being able to create whatever you can imagine.You really have the gift Niall.Will never tire of telling you(even if you are tired of hearing it) that you are amazing.

Niall young said...

PS...What an incredibly lovely thing to say!